Here is the link to the newsletter.
This marks the final and 36th issue of MCSW (this year). I have included links to the 3 most popular issues as well as the most popular link from each issue. I have also included articles for this week. My top 5:
- What could go wrong when a one ton animal is brought in to an athletic field to poop? Yes, folks, Cow Pie Bingo is a real thing and there’s a story in the American Catholic news section about what can go wrong.
- Near the end of the same section there’s a story about how the Archdiocese of Chicago is going to offer 12 weeks of paid family leave. Pair that story with the video in the Miscellaneous section (“32 hour workweek”) to reflect on the way we structure work. (Please note—there’s an “F bomb” in the video)
- The Q & A from the Department of Labor about the new overtime rules is worth your time. You can find that in the Leadership section.
- “14 Questions to Ask Yourself about the Lesson Plan” in the Teaching & Learning section is a great resource for the summer as teachers take a look at revising lessons.
- “Resisting self-comparison and fighting cynicism” in the Miscellaneous section is the greatest commencement address I’ve ever read.