Category : Newsletters
In today’s newsletter I have written about a new way of thinking about anthem protests at Catholic schools. Instead of thinking about them as an “us versus them” bifurcated approach, I found language in the Vatican’s most recent statement on Catholic school which challenges our concept of community. My top 5:
- This week in Montana, we’re welcoming back Roy Petitfils, the counselor/speaker who will speak all of our teachers & administrators about anxiety. Need a primer? Check out the first article in the Miscellany section about anxiety, teenagers, and smartphones. It should open your eyes!
- The first article in the American Catholic News section has a Crux interview with the President of Catholic U. He talks about echo chambers and the role of dialogue.
- The first article in the Leadership section “You Need to Be in Touch with the People You Lead” explores what it means to be a leader.
- In the Teaching & Instruction section, the first article is an examination of retrieval practices. Make sure to watch the videos. It’s a fascinating compilation from Doug Lemov exploring how we learn and remember.
- The second article entitled “How to Work Smarter” is designed to assist teachers in this busy time of year.