Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the March 18th newsletter “March Madness.”
- Keeping the same theme, I included an article in the American Catholic News section about Sr. Jean Dolores-Schmidt, who joins the Loyola-Chicago team on the bench.
- In the Leadership section, the first two articles are on culture. The first article from HBR is one of the best articles I’ve read in some time. “Create a Growth Culture, not a performance-obsessed one” contradicts many of our metrics- and outcomes-based orientations that are so prevalent in education. How can we truly adopt a growth mindset in our schools? The second article from David Brooks points out how principals build culture in a school.
- The 3rd article in that section is a tribute to the recently departed Roger Bannister and the 4-minute mile breakthrough.
- In the Teaching & Instruction section, “The Danger of Teacher Nostalgia” is self-explanatory. It’s a struggle every school needs to confront.
- The first link in the Miscellany section is an important article for all of us to read. “6 Ways to Cure Your Smartphone Addiction” from HBR is full of great tips and suggestions on how to deal with the always-connected mobile office at your fingerprints.