Dec 10th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to this week’s newsletter. I’m presenting articles about serving more Hispanic students in Catholic schools. As most of our schools struggle with enrollment, the growing under 18 Latino population begs for consideration. My top 5:
- Watch this video by ACE which describes how Principal Joana Camacho and Sacred Heart School in Oklahoma City learned to welcome more Hispanic families
- Next, I encourage everyone to read the short study “Catholic Schools in an Increasingly Hispanic Church.” It is insightful and challenging.
- Hosffman Ospino (Boston College) authored “10 Ways Hispanics are Redefining American Catholicism in the 21st Century” in America magazine October 30th.
- Hospino and Boston College have been instrumental in promoting Two-Way Immersion. US Catholic published a great article explaining the purpose and method of this system of schools.
- A 2015 article entitled “Pope Will Find US Church Struggling to Hold Onto Latinos” is just as relevant today.