Feb 4th Newsletter
Here is the link to the Feb 4th Newsletter
The Top 5 Links:
- NCR was very kind in writing a great article about Catholic School Matters. The host of “In Conversations” also invited me onto the show. I encourage you to click on the links. Outlets like NCR pay attention to metrics. The more hits and downloads, the more likely it is they’ll devote resources to telling our stories.
- Education Gadfly (part of the Thomas Fordham Institute) has two great blog posts—one very personal essay by Stephanie Saroki de Garcia (of Seton Fellows) about the need for more miracles in education and another by Kathleen Porter-Magee (of Partnership Schools in NYC) entitled “Charter Schools are Not the Future of Catholic Education.”
- I came across an article a couple of weeks ago referencing Rod Dreher’s monastic vision and the “Benedict Option.” Last week, Cardinal Cupich spoke out about what he characterized as “withdrawal.” So I included the three articles in case you weren’t aware of this movement.
- In the Leadership section, the first article about decision-making and fighter pilots was one of the best things I read this week.
- Campaign Counsel produced a great guide to how the new tax code will impact giving and this can be found in the Leadership section.