May 14th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the newsletter. The top 5 this week:
- In the American Catholic News section, there’s a great video from Notre Dame on serving American Catholic schools.
- In the Leadership section, the first article on “What the Best Transformational Leaders” is a great read.
- The second and third article center on school culture. As we turn our attention to next year, it serves us well to reflect on what makes a great school culture. What practices can you change to support the school culture you want?
- The fourth article centers on breaking down silos. Even schools—which are supposed to be centered on student development & learning—can become “silocized.”
- In the Teaching & Learning section, “6 Traits of Life-Changing Teachers” is a great reflection on the value of teachers.
Two more great podcasts this week. Tomorrow, Christine Healey, the president of the Healey Educational Foundation, talks about their work supporting Catholic schools. On Thursday, the incomparable Roy Petitifils joins me to talk about the struggles of adolescents and his work. Roy will be headlining our Diocesan retreat in August.