Nov 12th Newsletter
Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the Nov 12th newsletter. My top 5 :
- I blogged about developing relationships. I strongly recommend this article on design principles and communication. Although about patient-doctor conversations, it has takeaways for schools. I can’t get the article out of my mind.
- In the American Catholic News section, the first three articles focus on controversies swirling around Pope Francis. If you want to take a close look at the brouhaha, read these articles.
- The first article in the Leadership section “Stop Asking Your Employees This One Question” is fascinating because it’s a question I used to ask as a principal.
- The second article in the Leadership section is deep dive research piece in the National Bureau of Economic Research entitled “Long-term Trends in Private School Enrollment.” It’s a monster! But it’s full of great insights including the squeeze on middle class enrollees. It’s great to get the research in order to spark change.
- For teachers, the first article in the Teaching & Learning section is entitled “9 Mistakes That Sabotage Your Classroom Management.” This is the time of year when teachers need all the help they can get!