Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the Sep 10th newsletter.
The top 5:
- “What Teachers Want You To Know: A Note to School Administrators” by Jennifer Gonzalez (from the “Cult of Pedagogy” fame) is a great reminder to all principals of what should be important. You can’t read this and NOT change one thing you do tomorrow.
- “In Praise of Finding Life’s Balance” by David Brooks (New York Times) is not your typical work/life balance argument. Brooks argues that we are in a crisis of victimhood these days and we need to understand and confront it.
- “Leaders Need to Slow Down to Speed Up” is a great blog about the need for pause and reflection. It echoes Harry Kraemer’s argument that we often confuse activity with productivity.
- “How Filter Bubbles Distort Reality” by Shane Parrish (Farnam Street Blog) is an interesting read about how we can surround ourself with like-minded thinkers to confirm our own biases.
- “How to Be a Strategic Leader” was one of the most influential articles I read in the past year. We often talk about the need for strategic leadership but we rarely talk about HOW.