The 411 on 529s (Jan 7th newsletter)
Category : Newsletters
Here is the link to the January 7th newsletter. The Top 5:
- There are two articles about Cardinal Law in the American Catholic News section. The articles put his life and failures in the context of our new reality in the Church.
- In the Leadership section, the first article about “No More Zeros” is a great piece on standards-based grading.
- In Teaching & Learning, the first article on “10 Creative Risks” should inspire teachers to try something new now. Not next year. Now.
- In the Miscellaneous section, the first article on the resulting fallacy was very interesting. How many times do we judge a decision based on its results? Sort of a “winners write the history” approach. Perhaps that’s not the right approach.
- I can’t shake the article entitled “Want to Be Happy? Think Like an Old Person.” It’s really stunning how these people find happiness even as their physical abilities diminish.